Hi, Welcome my most thrilling jungle trek. I and Shrikant planned in few days. We bot were having the week free. First we thought about Salher and Salota but finally decided to go for Prachitgad and Kandhar doh.
Some information for trekkers:
1. Money: about Rs.1000 for guides + food + petrol
2. Village to start: Pune -> Koyna Nagar- > Patharpunj (trek starts from here) It can also be started from Konkan region.
3. Maps: Maps are not available. Local guide is compulsory.
4. Things to carry: 3 lits water, Food items for two days, full track pants, medicines and tent for living.
5. Name and number for the guide is not available.
Prachitgad (also known as Uchitgad or Rangna) is a in the Sahyadri mountain range in Maharashtra, India. It covers an area of 5 acres.
* 1 Location
* 2 History
* 3 Major Features
* 4 Battles Fought Here
It is located within Ratnagiri district at Shringarpur. The closest city is Devrukh which is 19 km away. Patharpunj is located 18kms away. This Fort comes in Chandoli forest reserve in Sangli district.
Its exact date of establishment is not known but it dates to before 1500 CE.
It has an outer wall and an inner wall. The outer wall is still intact while the inner wall is in ruins. There is a well, a temple and five guns within the fort. It can only be accessed by means of a ladder. many water cisterns available with clean water available throughout the year.
It was the scene of battle between the Marathas and the British in 1818, at which the British won.
Enjoy our journey !!!!